Re: The Facts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on November 18, 1999 at 11:21:45:

In Reply to: The Facts posted by Micah on November 18, 1999 at 09:00:36:

: : I'm not accusing anyone here of anything, (yet), but ever since I started posting here a couple weeks ago, Ive been getting at least 3 junk mails a day, where as before I got none. This is the one and only place I've posted using my real e-mail address. I thought THIS place was trustworthy. Whats the deal here? Are you selling our e-mail addresses to make a quick buck??

: I can assure you that I do not sell or distribute your email address to anyone. However, this is a public forum accessible by search engines and address searchers alike. Spammers routinely search the web for valid email addresses. If your email address is on the web it is very likely to be found by one of these spammers. You might want to try the trick of USENET posters by adding some extra characters to your address with instructions to remove them in your message. As the maintainer of this site having indy@indyfan.com plastered everywhere makes me a big target for spammers, however I choose to make it easy for visitors to write me while running the certain risk that I will have to sift through spam because of it.

: --Micah

It's the price of open surfing. I, for one, appreciate the fact that you haven't cluttered the site up with banners from advertisers - although Peter Botwright and the folks at Alden probably could cough-up a few advertising coop dollars, given the plugs they get here!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: