Re: Widescreen vs. Regular

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port173.maxc04.bignet.net on November 18, 1999 at 19:01:51:

In Reply to: Widescreen vs. Regular posted by Jonathan Jones on November 18, 1999 at 14:02:44:

: Hi,
: My question is this,
: What are the pros and cons of both the widescreen and regular remastered Indy videos? I am NOT asking for which you like better, as I don't want to start another Great War. Is widescreen in letterbox format?
: Thanks,
: Jonathan Jones
: Who is very glad to see indianajones.com up and running

The Man with the Hat is back!!

There is a lot to be said for and against both Letterbox/Widescreen and Pan and Scan/Regular!!

WIDESCREEN

A person can see the complete picture!! For example: Watching Raiders of the Lost Ark in Pan and Scan, the scene was on where Belloq is talking to Indy in the Cairo bar. The monkey crawls down his arm and out of the camera's frame. In the Widescreen version, the monkey crawls onto the shoulder of an Arab, then on the edge of the screen, you see a gun being passed to someone!! That's the difference between Letterbox and Pan and Scan!!

PAN AND SCAN

Pan and scan, on the other hand, is good if you are looking for detail in your movie!! The image seems closer, as the sides of the picture have been taken off!!

Personally, I bought both versions, not so much for there benefits, but because I am a completist and must have everything in my collection!! I hope this helped and didn't serve to confuse you more!!

See ya!!

The Man in the Hat

"Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: