Akubra Bushman

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupD240.mpls.uswest.net on November 19, 1999 at 01:13:19:

Yeah I got that Akubra Bushman in the mail today and it's pretty cool...except for the color. The picture on David Morgan's website seemed just a tad or twelve darker than it does in real life. The color is just a lil' bit lighter than the hat Indy had on the bridge in "Temple of Doom". Other than that the hat's aight. It only took like 4 seconds to shape it. The felt's pretty stiff so I won't even have to steam-shape it, the dents and bashes just popped into place. The inside is even pretty close to Indy's. It's got the white satin-type lining with a crest in the middle covered by a plastic crown liner. I popped in "Raiders" when I was dinkin' with the shape of the hat and I slow-mo'ed the scene where he boards the plane for Nepal and I ended up creatin' almost a dead ringer. The height after bashing in the front is about 4 7/8", 4 1/4" in back, and 5" on the sides. I still gotta get the brim cut down so if anybody wants to give me some concrete measurements I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Austin....Danger Powers
"I had to pop a cop because he wasn't giving me my props in Oak Town."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: