I would do it a little differently...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-40.COL.cableone.net on November 19, 1999 at 09:23:33:

In Reply to: Great Hat! posted by Patterson on November 19, 1999 at 08:53:20:

: : Yeah I got that Akubra Bushman in the mail today and it's pretty cool...except for the color. The picture on David Morgan's website seemed just a tad or twelve darker than it does in real life. The color is just a lil' bit lighter than the hat Indy had on the bridge in "Temple of Doom". Other than that the hat's aight. It only took like 4 seconds to shape it. The felt's pretty stiff so I won't even have to steam-shape it, the dents and bashes just popped into place. The inside is even pretty close to Indy's. It's got the white satin-type lining with a crest in the middle covered by a plastic crown liner. I popped in "Raiders" when I was dinkin' with the shape of the hat and I slow-mo'ed the scene where he boards the plane for Nepal and I ended up creatin' almost a dead ringer. The height after bashing in the front is about 4 7/8", 4 1/4" in back, and 5" on the sides. I still gotta get the brim cut down so if anybody wants to give me some concrete measurements I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

: :
: : Austin....Danger Powers
: : "I had to pop a cop because he wasn't giving me my props in Oak Town."On the brim dimensions, it really depends on your hat size. If you were say 7 3/8 and smaller, I'd go with 2 7/8 on the front and back and 2 3/4 on the sides. I have a 7 5/8 Drover from David, and I have the brim cut to 3 on the front and back, and 2 7/8 on the sides - it looks great (see IndyGear under Fedora).

: On the color - that was why I went with the Drover. It is darker, although with more of a gray tint to it. Also the crown on the drover was significantly taller, though a bit less squared.

: The felt is great, and was very easy to shape. I think you'll be very happy with the hat. I did my own ribbon, which is a lot easier to do then you might think. Let me know if you'd like a walk through the process.

: Wear it well!

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: