Confirmed, (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 19, 1999 at 10:25:02:

In Reply to: IMHO posted by Patterson on November 19, 1999 at 09:11:47:

: I accidentally purchased an undistressed-predistressed Wested (I ordered predistressed and therefore got hide, but Peter forgot to put it in the dryer with the rocks). I didn't go to the lengths Abner describes - I think I was lucky right out of the gate.

: I gave it an initial treatment with Pecard dressing and it darkened a bit and took on a sheen that resembled what a new jacket looks like after regular wear for an extended period. I had been retreating monthly, then backed that off until now I'm treating it about every 12 weeks (I live in Seattle, and it gets wet fairly often).

: I had been considering buying a new finish jacket from Peter, but the way this jacket looks now, I don't need to. The color, tone, weight, and fit are perfect. The combination of (1) the heavier weight of the hide (my own preference), (2) the fact that it WASN'T run through the dryer at Wested, (3) treating it with the Pecard (this stuff is a must for the hide jacket - Michaelson, can you confirm?), (4) wearing it every chance I get (people at work are beginning to talk), (5) and I think the fact that it does get rained on pretty regularly has made it drape very nicely and added some of the characteristic creases you see in the three movies.

: Undistressed hide is the way to go, again in my humble opinion.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: