Concerning the NH distressing...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana John from proxy.wmfg.com on November 19, 1999 at 14:33:03:

This message is intended to clarify Noel Howard's offering of the distressing of the Indy Jackets.

A while back, I ask Noel Howard about this...
...his company was the one who distressed the Jackets for the films. I further inquired if he would be willing to offer this service to the Indyfans. Initially he was going to (about $40 per jacket); but after weighing it out, he decided against it. His apprehension is due to the fact that distressing a jacket is not an exact science. We are talking about personal property here...so if the jacket does not come out how you envisioned it, Sorry!--you either have to deal with it or try again (buying another jacket-$$$). This process is not reversible either--he shared with me that the distressing can cover some 20+ steps!! So you can see how this could open up a can of headache for Noel.

...here's my take:
Most people would probably be content with just a Wested...it's basically the fans who would want the distressing. Most die hards would probably be content even if it didn't turn out perfect...because they knew that it came from NH.
My suggestion is that we make a petition...
If enough people agree to sign a waiver so that the jacket could be distressed, I think Noel would probably go for it. This would not only protect him, but would allow fans to get the most authentic looking jacket possible.

John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]