Mark VII do-dad

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp403.elkgrove.net on November 19, 1999 at 15:27:54:

In Reply to: Re: Mark VI vs. Mark VII posted by Tim Elliott on November 19, 1999 at 11:08:56:

: : I checked out What price glory and they mentioned that the bags are similar with a few differences, but what exactly are the differences.
: : The extra drain holes can be seen there. If anyone knows of
: anything else, chime in. Regards. Michaelson

: Offhand, I believe the biggest difference is in size. The VII is somewhat larger than the VI - it's a little deeper. The Mark VI (a very useful bag in its own right) has an extra set of pockets on the back of the bag. There are some cosmetic differences, too. Color is variable even within the same model of bag, but the color and size difference may be best seen in the side-by-side comparison photos at Indygear.com. Other cosmetic differences include a small piece of string and tiny D-ring on the front of the VI (not sure of its purpose; I removed the string immediately) and the dark, rounded do-dad on the right side of the VII, which does not appear on the VI. (Anyone know what that thing is? Looks like a rubber fitting in the images.) I suggest you check out the photos of each bag and see for yourself.

The Mark VII also has a string on it. It's on the left side of the bag (viewed from the front). It's tucked in a tiny pocket. If it's that black piece on the right side you're talking about, it's metal. I think think that the string is meant to go around the waist and wind around that metal piece. I guess in case the strap got torn off, or just to keep the bag secure and not swinging around.
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]