Re: Anybody heard about any plans for a special edition re-release

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug Irving from ip209-183-91-178.ts.indy.net on November 20, 1999 at 04:31:41:

In Reply to: Anybody heard about any plans for a special edition re-release posted by Jordan on November 19, 1999 at 21:39:11:

: It seemed like the Star wars re-release went so well that I was wondering if anybody has heard of any plans for a Indy jones re-release in theaters with any added scenes.

To be honest, Star Wars could have been re-released without any new footage or new effects, and probably would have done wonderful simply because these are wonderful films. I think the same would apply to Indy. About 2 months ago, a local theater brought in Raiders for a special engagement and people came out in droves to see it. This was an original print so there was obvious wear and tear, especially around the reel changes, but despite it's age, it looked GREAT! I would welcome an Indy Marathon maybe to coincide with a possible Indy IV release. I've got the widescreen vhs of the movies, but it just doesn't compare to the cinema experience.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]