Re: Indiana Jones Toys. Whee!!! (long post)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from mariner.org on November 20, 1999 at 08:04:41:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones Toys. Whee!!! (long post) posted by Adventure4Indy on November 20, 1999 at 07:00:38:

: I am curious to know, how many of you have Indiana Jones toys? I know that many of you have reproductions of his attire (jacket, hat, etc), but I wonder if any of you old farts (like me) collected the original toys growing up.

: I was 13 at the time Raiders came out, and my parents bought for me the 3 1/2" Indiana Jones figure, as well as some of the other characters. I played with that Indy figure until his right leg broke off and I had to super-glue it in place (It never moved again, ). Unfortunately, poor Indy is MIA, probably never to see the light of day again...

: I also wanted the 12" figure, but my parents said that it was "too much money". (I've seen these figures at flea markets. Harrison never looked so goofy!)

: I know that for Temple of Doom there were 3 figures, but I never actually saw these in stores (only in catalogs years later). Last Crusade also inspired 3 figures, which I never saw probably because I was chasing "skirts" at the time.

: Roughly 5 years ago, I picked up the Indy micro-machine set at Toys R Us. I am disappointed that there isn't a present day action figure line for this awesome character. It is pretty sad that Hasbro hasn't picked up the ball on this line. Don't forget, when the Star Wars figures were produced in 1995, it wasn't like there was a new film to support the production of these toys. Maybe the new videos and game will inspire Hasbro/Lucasfilm to pick up the torch.

: Anyway, thanks for listening.

: Tony

Hey. I'm pretty old too, by Indyfan standards. I could kick myself
for not buying enough Indy stuff back when it was introduced. I had
some Temple of Doom trading cards, and just about everyone I knew had
a Temple lunchbox. I'd kill to have one of those now! If only we
weren't so young and foolish when we were young! Just my two cents.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]