Re: Another Odd Ford Quote

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jor-el from FLNTB111-15.splitrock.net on November 20, 1999 at 13:01:09:

In Reply to: Another Odd Ford Quote posted by Thuggee Bear on November 20, 1999 at 12:49:01:

: Just saw this over at AICN:

:
: >>Hi. I live in Brazil, and Harrison Ford's new movie Random Hearts is premiering here this weekend, so the newspaper "Folha de São Paulo" interviewed him, and this is what he said about a possible Indiana Jones movie

: "Do you think Steven Spielberg will return one day to direct " Indiana Jones "?

: Ford - Perhaps yes. I think the public would be very happy with Indiana Jones' return. He is a romantic adventurer for who the audience easily identifies. But I am sure that I could never play Indiana Jones again. He is in the past of my career, that took different direction. I feel today closer of characters like Jack Ryan than Han-Solo and Indiana Jones."<<

:
: Sounds odd, considering it's pretty much a 180 from what we've been hearing about Ford's love for the Indy character over the years.

Interesting Mr. Bear what you read. The only thing I have heard lately about the subject in the states is Jay Leno making a joke about another Indy movie. First he asked the crowd if they like the idea of another Indy film and a big roar came from them in excitment. Then Leno went on to say that with Ford's age it would be more like Barnaby Jones than Indiana Jones I don't agree with his joke but I thought it was kind of funny.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]