Re: Harrison on Rosie: Indy 4 is OFFICIALLY DEAD and I think even Micah knows that now

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cap'n Paul from 204.208.30.165 on June 04, 1998 at 01:53:45:

In Reply to: Harrison on Rosie: Indy 4 is OFFICIALLY DEAD and I think even Micah knows that now posted by KEN on June 01, 1998 at 17:32:52:

: Also, don't anyone tell me that there is still hope. Even if a script did turn up within the next year that they all agreed on, do u know how many rewrites it would take before they r all totally satisfied? Too long!!! By that time SW3 will be out and Harrison will be 63. To be honest, I think Micah shouldn't even bother with "The Latest" section of the site anymore. What's the point? And u know what, I think Micah is probably thinking about that as well. Remeber, I am just as upset as the rest of u that there won't be another Indy film. I just wished we weren't screwed over.

: -KEN-

O.K. so I won't tell you "buck up and have hope!" But you seem like a reasonable guy. Let's look at this objectively. You know as well as I do that the Hollywood is one fickle lady. The movie moguls and the deal makers in that town work 'round the clock in search of the big deal. Movies get propositioned, worked out, dumped and then brought back to life over the course of a two hour L.A. lunch. There's too much money to be made from this deal and Paramount, Spielberg, Lucas, and HF all know it.

Now, standing in the wings are all the merchandisers who to stand to gain from such a sure fire moneymaker... toy makers, fast food franchisers, computer gamers, book dealers and outlets, the comics industry, video retailers, etc... These are the people that drive the movie making machine, not us wee fans. The power to make a movie in Hollywood resides in these groups. Think of them as special interest lobbyists to Senators Lucas and Spielberg. Do you really think they are going to let a sure fire money making hit just evaporate into thin air because HF says there's no available script? Aye, you're daft lad! -CP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]