Well, the story goes something like this...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 21, 1999 at 10:20:27:

In Reply to: Re: This is quite interesting... posted by Sean on November 20, 1999 at 08:01:20:

: : I just returned from London where I picked up a copy of the "catalog" available from Herbert Johnson. ("catalog" in quotes because there's not much to it.)

: : In the section at the front describing their history, they mention the fact that they produced the Indy fedora, and go on to make the following misstatement of fact:

: : "our sister company Swaine Adeney made the famous bull whip"

: : Somewhat interesting, don't you thing?

: :
: : -IJFan

: Hi:
: I also found this quite interesting - I think they're referring to the whip used in the opening sequence of 'Last Crusade' by young Indy.
: I'm not sure where I culled this info from, but I heard it somewhere. Anyone to back me up?
: Sean

..apparently that is compeletly true, as that company did make the original whip. HJ had it on display at their store before shipping it to the movie location, a woman came in and had to have it for her husbands birthday. They sold it to her, thinking they had access to another for the shipment, only to find out that the one whip had been produced. The company never produced another, and David Morgan was approached to create the whip we all now know as Indy's. Makes you wonder where the original intended whip went to? I also wonder if the husband is even aware of what he received in terms of "almost" Indy history? Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]