LL Bean Pants

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from proxy1.cityweb.de on June 04, 1998 at 08:51:54:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Pants and shirt posted by Laurie Jensen on June 03, 1998 at 22:32:30:

: : I have heard that the pants and shirt were made by Angels and Burmans. Is it possible to order the clothes from them somehow. I can't find an addrewss anywhere or a phone neumber

: : Matt

: The pants were made by Angels and Burmans, but they aren't available to the general public. A and B only rent out their costumes, so ownership of the real pants is currently impossible. Indy's shirt was made by a London designer named Andre Dometakis, who works primarily in the film industry. There is conflicting news about whether you can order a shirt from him. Most reports say forget about it; he's too busy and the work takes too long to complete to make it worth your while. However, a couple of months ago a woman named Sophie Cresswell left a message on this board claiming to be a good friend of Mr. Dometakis. She said that he is very busy with film work, but that she might be of some assistance in ordering the shirt from him. Her message can be found way at the bottom of archive page number 6, under a thread about Indy's shirt. I don't know if anyone tried to e-mail her, but it may be worth a try. BTW, the shirt is very expensive-110 pounds-but this is normal for any handmade, high quality garment. I've seen many hand tailored shirts for double that price.

: You should really go back and check out some of the archived pages from this board. There are a lot of threads discussing the clothing of Indy, possible lookalikes, the true color of garments, etc. In particular, check out the archives from 6 on up. This website also has a whole section devoted to Indy gear called X Marks the spot, and it's worth a look. Another possibility is a new site developed by some of the regulars from this board called Indy's Diggs. It's a FAQ page devoted to Indy gear. Unfortunately, the site is still under construction and only the parts about the bag, jacket, and guns are finished. You can find a link under some of Max Schulte's postings.

: Good luck and happy hunting

Laurie, in your prior posts concerning the pants you mentioned that
LL Bean offers a similar pair. I visited their web site but I couldn't
find them. What the exact name/article number or the exact URL of?
I have desperately trying to find a similar pair of Indy trousers but
they seem to be very rare.
I'd appreciate any help - thank you...

Regards,
-Max

PS: I've also included the link to the Indy's Diggs if anyone is
interested

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: