Re: Concerning the NH distressing...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Jones from 209.37.101.123 on November 22, 1999 at 10:41:32:

In Reply to: Concerning the NH distressing... posted by Indiana John on November 19, 1999 at 14:33:03:

Personally, I am going to do it myself. I have allready distresssed my Goatskin A2 jacket to give it that beat-up look. I simply used fine-grain sandpaper and took my time, roughing it litely all over, and with more emphasis on seams and natural wear spots. It came out great. I am not so sure about Noel's method as I have heard it described. I have been told directly by a man who has been working in leather for years, making motorcycle suits and jackets for racers, that mink oil is not good for jackets. It adds moisture, but the oil attracts dirt. As you wear the jacket over the years, the dirt rubs together, causing a slow breakdown. That is fine, for a jacket that is only intended to last through a movie shoot, but not so great for us. The mink oil is particularly hard on the seams, because they allow more dirt in.

Perhaps Noel could distress for us, without the mink oil? I would be interested in that

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]