Re: A question for all who have owned or seen a pre-distressed Wested Jacket.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on November 22, 1999 at 11:45:29:

In Reply to: A question for all who have owned or seen a pre-distressed Wested Jacket. posted by Indiana Skywalker on November 22, 1999 at 10:36:17:

: I know many have written in the forum saying the disadvantages to a pre-distressed Wested. However there has been occasions where I have read some good things written on them. So I was wondering if all who have seen or own a pre-distressed Wested can rate there jacket on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest,1 being the worst.And if someone could give reasons why they rated it the way they did that would be awesome. Thank you everybody.

I would personally recommend against the predistressing - I get the feeling that the results are too inconsistent. I think your question really comes down to hide vs. skin. Wear your jacket a lot - that's the best way to get the right look. My humble opinion...

Back to hide vs. skin. It's like cotton vs. satin lining - it's a matter of preference. I think the hide is every bit as durable as the skin. Properly conditioned, I believe it will look great for just as long as the skin. I know some disagree, and some of them with practical experience.

Personally, I really like my hide jacket. If I were to get another (and I feel no burning desire to at this time) I would get one made from skin. That way I'd have both. And you know how I'd get the distressed look to that jacket? I'd wear it.

Again, in my own humble opinion.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: