The Lost Diaries of Young Indiana Jones

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtCym SOCAE) from CRDAB102-20.splitrock.net on November 22, 1999 at 15:03:36:

As many of you know, in 1993, Donovan Publishing was all set to do a series of books titled The Lost Diaries of Young Indiana Jones, based largely on the TV show.
In 1995 I wrote to Donovan inquiring what had happened to the project, and about two months later received a promo-packet with a nice letter from Win Fiandaca, the president of Donovan.
The packet contained a mock-up sample copy, titled The Dark Continent. It has several nice pictures and a lot of "dummy text." This consists of simple Latin phrases like, "Lorem ipsit dolor est sinistra requi elusidat esse utque imim ad minimum."
I gather this item was a promotional device to show what the books would have looked like.

Anyway, to the point... also in the packet were three copies of a single sheet flyer. The front is the cover of what would have been book one. It shows Cory Carrier on a camel with a partially excavated tomb behind him (this is actually a photograph). To either side of him are ovals with pictures of Sean Patrick Flannery, one just showing him in the standard Indy outfit, the other holding a lit match, looking at the jackal.
There's a very fancy logo at top that says, "The Lost Diaries of Young Indiana Jones," with a bit of scroll underneath reading, "Curse of the Tomb Robbers: Young Indy in Egypt and Arabia." At the bottom is a caption that says, "Book 1."
On the back is an advertisement for the series, describing the books as "an interactive adventure series," and telling how each book would contain clues to solving a larger mystery that Indy had solved... the location of El Dorado. On this side is a picture of two of the pages from the promo-book I described above.
These flyers would make nifty framed mini-posters (they measure 8.5 x 11 inches).
Since I have three, I think it's only fair I make two available to other Indyfans. Before I post them on E-Bay, I thought I should offer them here. My e-mail address is linked above.

-Mikal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]