Re: Question for everybody

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-137.COL.cableone.net on November 24, 1999 at 09:42:37:

In Reply to: Re: Question for everybody posted by Michaelson on November 24, 1999 at 08:01:25:

: : Just this weekend I saw the whole trilogy again and I asked myself why these movies are after 10 to 20 years still SO cool? Many other film isn't funny anymore after just a few years, Indy didn't loose anything... Whats the thing that makes them so great, so cool... except the fact, that it is Indy?

: I guess it's just that it seems to hark back to a simplier time, one where there was good and bad, and you knew who was what. It seems more complicated now adays, and even though we all KNOW things were more complicated back then, we just don't see those features. Regards. Michaelson

I really can't add very much to what has already been stated so eloquently, except to say that Indy and the movies are simply timeless. Beyond this I am really attracted to the era that these movies take place. While I am sure that it was more complicated back then, it still was an age that was much simpler than 1999. The people that lived in those days were for the most part of a much higher character than today. I certainly don't want to appear to be overly critical, but I know from personal experience that this is true. It just seems to me that when my grandfather and even my father's generation passed away, with this passing went more than just a physical existance. We have lost something else much more valuable. Whenever I watch the Indy movies, I am constantly reminded of this sad fact. Along with this is a longing for the times depicted. I can actually remember when no one locked their doors at night. Nowadays we lock our doors every night! And oh yes, my offer still stands. If anyone has a time machine that needs testing, the line starts behind me! Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]