Thank you Patterson. Have you seen the brown and the black Cooper?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bobcat Smith from FLNTB112-08.splitrock.net on November 24, 1999 at 11:10:30:

In Reply to: Re: If the pre-distressed Wested lightens to much than the Cooper jacket ages better right? posted by Patterson on November 24, 1999 at 08:39:57:

: : I have a couple of Wested jackets and there awesome. But I do want a pre-distressed jacket to go in my collection. Many people have said that a pre-distressed Wested lightens to much in time, but the Cooper add claims that it's distressed finish is designed to age rapidly. So would anybody reccomend the goatskin cooper or a cowhide? The fella's at Indy gear have put together a splendid website. A suggestion in my humble opinion is that maybe in the cooper jacket section you guys could put up some pictures of their jackets to compare.
: :

: As far as how the jackets age, an undistressed hide jacket from Wested is comparable to a cowhide Cooper - I have both. The one difference is that cowhide will scratch and nick very easily, while lamb materials will not. I do not know about the antique lamb skin version of the Cooper directly, although I've discussed it with David Hack (CEO of US Wings). He is not a fan of lamb products, and steered me towards the cowhide.

: If you have a collection of Westeds already, the Cooper is a good addition. It is not, however, predistressed. It does age pretty fast though.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Just wondering if I am to order a Cooper should I get the black cowhide, cause in the movies the jacket looks black or the brown like the picture at indygear? Thanks alot for answering my questions.

Bobcat Smith

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]