Cooper jacket....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from hide14.nhs.uk on November 26, 1999 at 02:33:35:

In Reply to: Oh, and I also forgot to ask posted by Donny on November 25, 1999 at 18:06:37:

Donny,

The Cooper jacket is an excellent replica of the Indy jacket. It is distressed when you get it (meaning the leather is a little more aged looking and the colour fades nicely in quite a short time. But is still completely element proof (warm and doesn't let the rain in!), although it is acceptable to wear in warmer weather.

It's very heavy and hangs on you nicely and also takes a fair bit of beating. In my opinion, I think it is very worthy competition to the Wested. However I don't own a Wested but hope to soon. I would say out-of-the-bag it looks more like the jacket in the movies, where as the Wested would take some time to look that way. And the spec is completely acurate (inside pocket with leather trim, cotton lining with satin sleeves, complete leather collar, pockets perfect with side warmers, the side tabs with buckles, stud presses behind leather, etc. etc..).

Oh, and it's modelled after the Last Crusade version which surprises me to hear that Cooper made a Raiders version before LC came out. Why change the spec? if they had an original pattern copy?

Anway, if you want a very high quality jacket in a hurry that IS an Indy jacket, then the Wested will more than fulfill your expectations.

Wether it is worth paying extra for is a completely personal issue. I think you're paying extra for the licence.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Best Regards,
Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: