Re: Either they will make it soon or not at all//

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-186.COL.cableone.net on November 26, 1999 at 14:41:46:

In Reply to: Either they will make it soon or not at all// posted by Abner on November 26, 1999 at 09:39:48:

: : People!!!! Listen to me!!! I am totally freaking out!!! I don't get it!! I just don't!!! Why didn't they make Indy 4 earlier? Why??? Seriously, why? I can't stand thinking about the fact Mr. Ford is too old!! Is he or not??? I can't stand the fact that Indy 4 is so darn far away!! I don't know what to believe and what to not believe!! I am crying out to you people who understand. I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT TO SEE THE END OF INDY MOVIES! If Harrison Ford ain't playing Indy anymore, of course things wouldn't be the same but I suppose Sean Patrick Flannery would be okay......I just don't want it to end. What's going on with Spielberg and Lucas? Why are they still delaying it? The Phantom Menace is already made. Why are Mr. Lucas and Mr. Spielberg stop making us fans wait an entire life time and start working on Indy 4? Come on! Doesn't anybody out there feel the same way?? How many of you out there really don't want Indy 4?

: : -Indiana Jayne

I tend to agree with you Abner. I think if there is going to be an Indy 4 with Ford playing the role, then it will have to be made within the next 3 years at most. Why? Simply because of Ford's age. He has always insisted on doing the running and jumping in the Indy movies, and we all have to face it, he isn't getting any younger. I can recall reading about him getting injured filming one or more of the Indy movies, and he was a heck of alot younger then. I think that when he stated that he "was ready to go" (referring to Indy 4), he was talking in the short term. Personally I am keeping my fingers crossed, because I really want to see him "do it one more time". I keep getting this feeling though that we may never see Ford as Indy again.
I haven't sorted completely my feelings toward someone else playing Indy. I really have my doubts if Spielberg and Lucas would ever attempt this anyway. It's not like either one of them needs the money. They aren't struggling filmmakers any more. To me the fact that Lucas revisited Star Wars, is the only thing that could give credence to the idea of him(Lucas) revisiting Indy at a later date. Of course Ford wouldn't be present. Maybe Ford would do a cameo at the beginning of the movie in which he ceremoniously(sp?) passes on the fedora on to a younger adventurer. Well, enough rambling, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]