Re: Yeesh - too many...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup14.multilinkws.com on November 26, 1999 at 14:56:27:

In Reply to: How many copies of the Indiana Jones films do YOU have? posted by Indiana James (Lambert) on November 25, 1999 at 15:55:29:

: Just curious as to how many copies of the Indy movies you own and in
: which versions. I think I remember awhile back someone saying that
: they had 4 copies, I wonder which crazy person has the most? : )

Let’s see... I have the letterboxed laserdisc edition of each film. I have two copies of the old slipcover set of VHS tapes (bought in those days when I had to have two copies of everything - one to use, and one to keep sealed in perfect condition), plus sealed copies of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” in the pre-“Last Crusade” packaging (the original packaging for the first two films had black backs; when “Last Crusade” was released on video the packages for the others were revised with sandy brown backs). I have another, open copy of “Temple of Doom” it its original package (my first viewing copy); a copy of “Raiders” in the gold & black Paramount 75th Anniversary packaging that all the studio’s movies were briefly available in when the studio turned 75; and to top it all off I still have my first commercial, prerecorded copy of “Raiders” - an old Beta (!) version whose packaging is pretty beat up now but still intact. That makes six copies of “Raiders of the Lost Ark”, five of “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”, and three of “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” - and I don’t even have the new tapes yet! Actually, I may just wait a few months to see if the rumored DVD versions materialize. If not, though, I will definitely be getting the current set (letterboxed version, of course), as well as all the “Young Indy” tapes. Meanwhile, in addition to all my existing copies of the three feature films, I have “Great Movie Stunts: Raiders of the Lost Ark / The Making of ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’” on VHS, “Great Adventurers and Their Quests: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” on laserdisc, and dozens of homemade, off-the-air tapes of “The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles” on VHS. I’m probably going to sell at least some of my old pan-&-scan VHS tapes of the movies - I have more than I need already, t say nothing of the excess they’ll constitute when I get the new releases (which I am committed to getting, because of the improved audiovisual quality and because of the interviews). Even so, I think I have a pretty fair abundance of Indy videos, the absence of the new tapes from my collection notwithstanding.

If you think that’s excessive, what about my having four copies of each of the first/last three Star Wars movies (Episodes IV, V, & VI) on laserdisc alone?! =D

- IJ

: I only have 2 copies of the trilogy myself, one in widescreen, and the
: originals in pan-and-scan but that could change.

:
: -------
: ----

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: