Re: More on the Indiana Jones RPGs!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on June 05, 1998 at 17:20:06:

In Reply to: More on the Indiana Jones RPGs! posted by Yoda Boy on June 05, 1998 at 16:52:10:

: Just in case it wasn't totally clear from walker's post, both Indiana Jones Roleplaying games are "traditional" pen and paper RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons. So far there is no Indy CCG like Magic the Gathering or the Star Wars CCG but it would be pretty cool wouldn't it :)! The newest version of the roleplaying game from West End Games recently had an overhaul in the rules department and is now much easier to learn and play. If you would like to check out the covers of the books that I own as well as the blurbs from the backs they can be found at http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2921/indybooks.html. The newest version of the rules is called "Indiana Jones Adventures" and if you can't find it at your nearest gaming store they should be able to order it for you. If you (or anyone else) have any questions about the game please don't hesitate to ask!

I haven't played it with the new rules yet, but I agree with Walker that the last ones (the MasterBook ones) were a vast improvement over the old TSR game. TSR's was a very bad system with all the flaws Walker pointed out, but the supplements were attractive and worth collecting. Were there ever miniatures for that game? I've heard that there were, but I've never been able to find any. The basic game book for the current West End game is must reading for any Indy fan, whether you're a gamer or not. It has profiles of various important characters, a complete timeline of Indy's life (including movies, TV, books, and comics up to the point when the book was published), and a general timeline of the Indy period of history. It's really fascinating. The Raiders and (less so) the TOD source books are also very informative, exploring every aspect of those films in depth the way the Star Wars sourcebooks do. I HIGHLY recommend getting the basic book (around $15, paperback) and the two sourcebooks ($25, hardcover). If you're enough of an Indy fan to visit this forum, you'll love these books. Does anyone know if there's a Last Crusade source book in the works? I would assume there is, since it took a while between the first two. There are still suplements published every so often. They cover new, original adventures as well as plots from the Rob MacGregor and Martin Caiden novels. Walker's right, though; they're very pricey. :( Still, I recommend the game, whether you want to play it or just read the stuff.
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]