Vanishing "Old Indy" scenes

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from 206.152.110.163 on June 05, 1998 at 21:30:34:

In Reply to: Re: Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr.____Born 1899___Died 2001 posted by Phil Colvin on June 05, 1998 at 17:41:21:

: : I know I might have scared some people out there with the title of this post, but I just got to thinking: all the hype, all the letters. I know it might sound strange, but don't you think Lucas and Speilberg might just be tired of it all and make an Indy 4, but one where he is killed, so they won't have to worry about us pestering them about another Indy sequel. I know alot of you are thinking of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series and the old Indiana Jones telling the stories, but they could write that into the movie. Make it a friend of Indiana Jones that knows his exploits and keeps his legend alive. Anything can happen in Hollywood. I'm not freaking out like before. It's just a thought that hit me right now.

: : Indy

: Here's another thought. According to the revised version of 'George Lucas: The Creative Impulse', there are details of the forthcoming Indy Young Chronicles videos. And the bookends of the old Indy seem to have vanished (the actor playing the old Indy isn't on the cast list.)

: Is this is preperation for something Lucas has got planned for Indy?...

: Phil.

I think it might be more likely that many people didn't like the idea of seeing the Old Indy, so Lucas removed him.

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]