Actually . . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Gunn from zdsl243.sttl.uswest.net on November 27, 1999 at 18:57:49:

In Reply to: Re: Wow: you saw those THINGS?! posted by IndyFan on November 27, 1999 at 16:47:15:

: : : Are there any worthwhile collectibles from the gift-shop at Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure, Temple of the Forbidden Eye? I was there years ago (loved the ride), but all they had at the time was tee-shirts, post cards, books, and pencils. I was just curious to know if the gift shop still exists, and whether or not they sell interesting collectibles.

: : : Tony

: : I was just there in the summer and I kept asking the workers: "Any posters?" says they; "No." "Any OTHER postcards?" "No." "Any books with PICTURES?!" "No!"
: : *sigh* I saved money, though that is just about the only positive thing!:-( The giftshop DOES contain:
: : a VERY limited collection of postcards for $1 apiece
: : WOOL felt fedoras with a TEAR DROP crown for $36
: : nice tee shirts of the trilogy for about $20
: : COPIES OF THE INDY JACKET!! THE ONLY GREAT THING!! (I got the child's size--pre-distressed and HALF the price of an adults!:-)
: : Pins and keychains of the RIDE (no Indy!:-(
: : And that is roughly about it!:-(

: : Happy "Hunting"
: : Adventurously,
: : Ulla

:
: I did get a pretty neat collectors coin from the shop, about two years ago, for about seven Bucks. Its in my collectors case and it will stay there for a while. I can't say i didn't like the shop,cause i did though i wish they would sell POSTERS.

HERE HERE! The Indy trilogy deserves far more attention in the merchendising arena and if Lucas is smart he'll pick up the pace. However, the gift shop at Disney has borne out some interesting items including some very stylish sweatshirts and caps (these are QUALITY products) bearing the prop plane logo (quite nice if you ask me). Also the shop has sold truly interesting items (though pricy) that aren't necessarily licenced merchendise but are cool anyway. I spotted a carved wall-hanging copied from a tomb cover of a Mayan king unearthed in Palenque, Guatamala which made me drool as well as some egyptian carvings of some interest. Also, in the early days they sold actual papyrus that was more of a novelty item than anything, but pretty cool anyway. My biggest gripe is that most of this stuff isn't carried very consistantly, but as a result, the good stuff DOES show up once in a while. Disneyland patrons, keep your eyes open!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]