Random Thoughts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BMan from ppp2-18.ruralnet.net on June 06, 1998 at 09:11:14:

Random thoughts on the state of Indy:

Everyone is always talking about how picky Harrison Ford is in regards to scripts, and how this may be affecting the lack of progress on a new Indy picture. However, in my humble opinion, his last two efforts have been marginal at best. The Devil's Own had an uneven story, and Air Force One would have been completely embarassing without another actor as the president. I guess I'd say he didn't show his purported discriminating taste in selecting those two scripts/films.

Also, Spielberg proved with The Lost World that he's more than willing to make a guaranteed money-maker with no regard for having a worthwhile story to tell. I couldn't even tell if there was a story in that movie.

That being said, I think it's imperative that if another installment in the adventures of Indy is chronicled, that it be held to the highest possible standards. I would rather not see Indy IV than suffer through something that will taint the other films. Bond in the late '80s springs to mind as a good example.

Also, if the rumors about 40% of the film from Episode I of the prequels being unusable is true, this may all be moot as Lucas will devote all his time and energy into salvaging that project.

BMan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]