Ford's not too old...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on November 28, 1999 at 11:54:54:

In Reply to: A new acter for Indy, it could work. posted by J.M. on November 28, 1999 at 09:32:10:

: I know noone wants to see the Indy movies go on without Ford, especially me. But he's getting to old. I think he can pull off two more Indy movies. then another acter. I mean why not look at the james bond movies noone wanted to connerey go and look already they're planning Bond twenty. So how would everyone feel about a new Indiana Jones after Ford?

: P.S. Asuming filming for Indy 4 began now, what does everyone think is the youngest age Ford can pull off as Indy?

Physically, I think that Harrison Ford can do several more Indy films... assuming that one is filmed soon after the other (perhaps even one right after the other, although I know that won't happen!)!

I think the bigger problem is when the schedules of Lucas, Spielberg and Ford can converge. If it's holding up just one Indy film, imagine how much their busy schedules would hold up more Indy films. :(

Since I'm a much bigger Indy fan than I am a Star Wars fan, I would much rather see a few more Indy films made than a few more Star Wars films (I really couldn't care less whether or not another new Star Wars film ever comes out, although I'm not against it either). Still, Lucas will concentrate more on the Star Wars films because (1) It's a much bigger franchise than Indiana Jones, and (2) Since Lucas already committed to a trilogy (and brought out the first movie of that trilogy), he might as well finish it up.

Oh well, at least there's more attention on Indiana Jones than there has been in the last few years (with the release of the Widescreen movies, the Young Indy series, The Infernal Machine, etc.)! :D

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]