And yet...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 28, 1999 at 15:11:29:

In Reply to: The poker... posted by ROB T. on November 28, 1999 at 01:29:50:

: I'd have to check again to be sure but I thought the poker was in the fire already when Toht came in as though it had been sitting in the fire all day. Left there by Marion when she lit the fire at the beginning of the business day.

: You're right about the $5000 for the headpiece. That sounds like a reasonable offer considering that there's no finding the Ark without it. $5000 would be a fat chunk of change for Marion but it wouldn't transform her into a rich woman. In fact I don't think it would represent any more than a year's salary for Indy as a professor, or at least less than two year's.

...as street smart as Marion had become in her years of world travels, if Indy was willing to pay that much money for this piece of junk (her words), what was the REAL monetary prize and what could her cut be if she held out for a better price? In a poker game one has to see who is holding the best hand. (please pardon the pun) She was definately in the best postion to bargin. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]