I appreciate your advise Patterson. Thank you, nm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ravenwood from FLNTA010-0627.splitrock.net on November 28, 1999 at 18:19:13:

In Reply to: Re: Would anyone reccomend the Disney or Cooper Indy jacket for the distressed look?. posted by Patterson on November 28, 1999 at 18:06:33:

: : I already have two Westeds which are fine quality jackets. I have one lambskin and one hide. I wanted to buy one more jacket, but so that it's a little different from the ones I already own I would like it distressed because the ones I own know are in the new finish.
: : I have not seen the Disney or the cooper jackets up close but I know some of you have. What are your reccomondations and does anyone know the price of the Disney and is the Disney coat at all distressed. Which direction should I go in for a pre- distressed jacket, Disney Copoper, or another Wested. Thanks.

: I would stay away from the current Disney offering. It is far from authentic, and the leather is not amenable to predistressing - it is a chocolate brown and really a bit "rubbery". The Cooper's are nice, and they do age pretty rapidly. The do not, however, come predistressed.

: The short answer is, if you already have a hide and a skin Wested - go for a Cooper.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: