WWII Cobat Boots

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from h00104b6770cd.ne.mediaone.net on November 29, 1999 at 08:47:59:

In Reply to: Re: Alden Alternatives posted by Dienekes on November 26, 1999 at 17:16:35:

: : Does anyone know of any kess expensive alternatives to the Alden? I was looking at old posts and I found one about reproduction WWII army boots from a place called World War II Impressions, I think Abner mentioned it, however the link does not seem to be functional any more. Oh, and to those of you who have a pair of Aldens I was wondering, are they worth it?
: : Cheers,
: : Dienekes
: Also: Abner do you still have that lead on the WWI/M1906 marching boots?
: Cheers,
: Dienekes

Yes, the cap toe service shoes from WWII are very similar, and also the 3/4 height rough-out (not the later 2-buckle model), as are the reproductions out there, except for the ones made for Saving Private Ryan, which are too tall. I think it's neat that Indy's shoes are very similar to WWI or WWII combat boots. It fits with the rest of his gear. However, I really do think the Aldens are worth it. If you are still interested in the other shoes, contact me at my Indygear address (staff section of the Indygear.com website).

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: