My last post for today(fingers crossed)...but a funny Indyesque story

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-138.COL.cableone.net on November 29, 1999 at 10:19:57:

My oldest daughter is attending college, but also has a part time job at a local grocery store. Last night I had to make a journey to this store to buy dog food for our bull terrier(no, not a pit bull). Now as I have stated here many times before, I always wear my fedora, and of course I had one on . Over the public address system, I heard, "would Indiana Jones please report to the front of the store" I will have to admit, I was a bit hesitant to proceed, but I knew she was just having a bit of fun at the expense of dear old dad. I marched up to her checkout carrying the bag of dog food and plopped it on her checkout. "Well, hello Indy she said a bit loudly". Then just as loudly one of the teenage bag boys replied, "That's Dr. Jones to you doll!" I don't know if his recitation of Shorty's dialogue was correct, but it was close enough. We all laughed our heads off. What made the incident even more humorous was that she and all the employees were wearing these Xmas elf looking caps. The bag boy who had recited Shorty's lines said, "I'll trade hats with you any time. Anyway, just thought I'd pass along something light in this holiday season. Still wearing my fedora, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]