Alden Store Experience

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Odysseus from pier37.com on November 29, 1999 at 12:47:00:

Just got back from San Francisco over my Thanksgiving vacation. Unsure as to whether or not I was going to visit the Alden store, my lovely and gracious wife dragged me in there and told me to get a pair of the Indy boots (it did take some prodding. I wanted the boots, but geez that's a lot of money).

To my surprise, there were no boots displayed either in the window or on the shelves. After taking a careful look around, I asked the clerk if they had any Indy boots. He told me that they didn't normally carry them in stock, but that there were a couple of pairs in their store room. This was discouraging, especially since my shoe size is one of the most common there is.

He turned to another clerk and asked. Amazingly, he said that they had a pair in my size. I tried them on, they fit wonderfully, and I bought them. The clerk offered to ship them to my home, as this would save sales tax and luggage space, and I agreed. Now I'm just waiting for Thursday, when I should recieve them.

If you're in the SF area and want a pair of these boots, I suggest you go in to the store and see them in person. They are better looking than they appear on the website. They also offered to put on a traction sole for an extra 20 bucks (I turned that down because I had something else in mind). Call them first to see if they have a pair in your size.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]