Re: Concerning the 30's

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from mlknfrw1.milliken.com on November 30, 1999 at 12:58:36:

In Reply to: Re: Concerning the 30's posted by Major Paul on November 29, 1999 at 17:08:37:

I agree that the Thirty's were a special time. In spite of the Great Depression, movies began to talk, and then took on color. The airplane developed form the primitive biplane of WW I to the Clippers that spanned the oceans, and the Spitfires and Bf 109's that fought WW II. The automobile was never more classic, and are still very much in demand today. I would like to have visited Eastern Europe before it was destroyed by the war. I would like to have visited Egypt, when the great discoveries there were new. But the fact is, the Thirty's were only 10 years. My mother was born in 1906 and died in 1998. She lived through it all. And it was all transient. But wouldn't it be nice if we could stop the clock in the thirties and just stay there? Well, maybe not for everyone. In lieu of that we can always watch Indy. I wonder if Harrison Ford ever wished he lived in those days. Probably not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]