Re: Go easy on the tear drop crown!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on November 30, 1999 at 17:27:28:

In Reply to: Re: Go easy on the tear drop crown! posted by Michaelson on November 30, 1999 at 16:14:11:

: : I don't know what compells you people to obsess about the tear-drop crown. Granted, the "Raiders" one is cool, but I frankly don't get why a fedora without that is somehow inauthentic. You must also think that the young indy hat isn't because GUESS WHAT? It's a tear drop. Thanks for the advice on the new hat, but I would like to hear from someone who has actually seen this new licenced fur felt hat. It might be quite nice, so please don't dismiss it out of hand.

: Just a quick question...what's with the "you people" statement? Don't you consider yourself one of us? This forum is a level playing field, or at least that has been my understanding to date. The tear drop discussion is describing a fedora that has that characteristic pre-formed and blocked into the hat. None of the Indy fedoras have had that feature, including the young Indy version, as all have had the correct fedora fore to aft bash, so regardless of what it looks like, if it does indeed have this feature listed as being on the hat, it is then incorrect in a purist light. In my opinion, though, what ever any individual chooses to buy and wear as their personal Indy fedora, no matter who makes it or what it looks like, is totally correct in their choice as it represents THAT individuals response to this hobby, and so is just as correct as anybody's Herbert Johnson you want to stack up against it. That being said, go easy on the forum, we're all on the same side. We can just have different opinions. Regards. Michaelson

My sentiments exactly. Wear what you like and enjoy it how you will, but go easy on the purists. That's one of the things I really enjoy on this forum - those of us who do obsess about authenticity (selectively at times, I'll admit) interact and share space with others who enjoy other areas of the "Indy" hobby. We cover a broad spectrum of interest and have an opportunity to share and interact. What more could you ask for?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: