The Forum poll

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from shell3.ba.best.com on December 01, 1999 at 06:21:06:

In Reply to: Micah, a suggestion... posted by ROB T. on November 30, 1999 at 22:51:18:

: I read on the update about how you might have to make some changes to the sight to save space and you wanted us to make some suggestions. I don't know much about computers so I don't know how much this will help but maybe some space could be made by going back to only having one forum. I think the Fan Fiction forum could be sacrificed without being too big a loss to the site.

: Whatever solution you decide on I hope it won't involve forum users having to register or use a password. Part of what I like about this forum is the fact that someone can come here and post only once or everyday if they choose. If we have to register then I won't be able to come here since I don't have E-mail capabilities.

: Regardless, I just want you to know that I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent on this site and I hope it will continue in some form for a long time and that this little community of Indyfans can spend a little time together electronically in the future.

First of all, sacrificing the Fan Fiction Forum wouldn't affect things
one way or the other. It uses the same technology as the main Forum and isn't nearly the resource hog. It's like the car riding in the semi's tailwind.

Second, I'm getting several options for hosting from various folks, but none seem to involve a shell account, which is required by some of the things I've coded to operate this Forum. So, the options are to move on to another system that doesn't have this requirement (e.g. the Ultimate Bulletin Board) or invest some major work in the current scripts to make it no longer require a shell account. Consequently, I need to know how important the current format is to you so I can justify the effort. Please take the poll linked below.

--Micah

P.S. If you don't know what the Ultimate Bulletin Board is, see TheForce.Net for an example of the system in action.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]