Re: Would you guys reccomend trying the cowhide over the lamb hide jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from h00104b6770cd.ne.mediaone.net on December 01, 1999 at 07:34:49:

In Reply to: Would you guys reccomend trying the cowhide over the lamb hide jacket posted by Johanne on November 30, 1999 at 20:20:31:

: I have a lambskin Raiders and I have a lamb hide L.C. on order from Wested. But now I've read that Wested offers a cowhide version. What does Peter have to say about the cowhide, does he reccomend it?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "lamb hide" LC on order but I can answer some of yor questions:

Peter says the cowhide is a very nice dark brown high quality cowhide.

I haven't seen it yet, but he said it is similar in weight to the pre-distressed leather. However, the predistressed leather is a seperate product altogether (It is NOT the lambskin but some other hide, probably cowhide)

I ordered one myself because I like the heavier weight of my pre-distressed jacket, and it is similar in weight and thickness to the Last Crusade jacket used in the film. However, I wanted a new finish. The original lambskin jackets had a lot of variation in the weight of the hide especially between films, since the hides were custom-made, and you can see in LC that the leather is a little thicker.

When I recieve it I'll let you know what I think. It could be a while, though, now that this sad and pathetic "ram raid" occurred at Wested. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

Anyway, your choice of leather is a matter of personal taste. If you want a heavier, thicker jacket, try the cowhide.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: