Re: Question to all other interested Indy Fans, more like a survey actually

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 01, 1999 at 09:52:58:

In Reply to: Question to all other interested Indy Fans, more like a survey actually posted by GCR on December 01, 1999 at 09:19:40:

: To whoever reads this, I have a question- I am doing some research of sorts and would like feedback from other Indy fans on one topic, Indy's gun(s). In your opinion (who ever you are)what would you consider Indy'strademark sidearm to be? I mean James Bond always had his walther PPK, what about Indy? I know he used a lot of different weapons throughout the three movies, but which could be considered his trademark weapon? Any help or info, or just random thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Good question. If you don't know where I stand on this topic, you may want to wander over to the IndyGear FAQ and read my ramblings. I'm afraid that the writer who wrote the LC script, and subsuquent writers of the novels put a Webley into Indy's holster, and from the writings of most of the forum writers that I've read, I'm afraid they've seized that as his trademark. If you'll watch the series, YIJC etc., you'd see that he was NEVER constrained by what the gun was, which was actually only a tool in his trade, but he used was was the best and what was available at the time. He has had everything from Colts to Smith and Wessons, Broomhandled Mausers and Mauser 1910's in hand, etc etc. The Webley arrived late in the game, technically the last and most recent chapter of the story, and in that same story he discovered the wonders of the power of a Walther P-38. In my mind the most natural evolution would be to place th P-38 or other more recent variant in his holster, but I feel like a voice in the wilderness on this one. Now based on all this rambling, I have to abstain from a vote, as I personally don't see an "official" weapon in terms of a handgun for Indy, just the fact that he would have the best and most available at the time of a particular story. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]