Indy RPG Miniatures

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from ww-tq05.proxy.aol.com on June 06, 1998 at 23:30:35:

When we were discussing the Indy RPG's earlier there were some questions about Indy Jones metal miniatures. Actually there are two sets which were at one time available: a boxed set from TSR which contained Indy, Marion, Short Round, Sallah, Willie Scott Dietrich, Chatter Lal, a Thuggee, Toht, Belloq, Mola Ram, and a Mine Guard. The quality wasn't great, but they were worth getting. Production date on these is 1984.

West End Games brought out two small sets of miniatures in 1994, the first of which consisted of Indy, a student, and a reporter(?). The second set contained Sallah, a generic professor, and a "spy". I have no idea what they were thinking when they made these. The quality is higher than that of the TSR miniatures but their choice of characters seems odd. I figure I'm one of only a few folks who actually got these items, and even I had to special order mine because my local gaming shop had no intention of carrying them.

Interesting side note: Some years back I had an interview at TSR and ended up asking them about the possibility of bringing back the Indy property. They seemed relieved to be rid of it. Wonder how West End feels...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]