Time Warp???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-18.vegas.net on June 07, 1998 at 09:11:57:

In Reply to: Re: Random Thoughts posted by Freak0ut on June 06, 1998 at 11:43:12:

: I agree somewhat. My main concern is, what happens if they do make an Indy IV, and it turns out be plotless and not good like Lost World? I can't imagine Indy going down like that. On the other hand, I think we all know that Temple of Doom wasn't exactly the greatest film ever made and most of the people who really love it are diehard Indy fans like ourselves. If a bad movie was actually produced, I think I am safe in saying that we would all love it regardless. After all, there have been several Indy stories, -like just off the top of my head the Martin Caidin books, that have been less than accurate accounts of Indy, and some other stories that just straight up sucked. Put it this way: we've seen the awful 93 year old version of Indy, and we stuck around.

I didn't like the Lost World either. If they stuck to the book, then it would have beaten out Jurrasic Park. If Speilberg follows this kind of pattern, we might see Indy chasing down Nazis in a 90's New York Times Square. You might think I'm going nuts, but, if you read the book Lost World, the dinosaurs and the humans never, ever set foot in San Fransisco. Speilberg just decided that it should be like that. If he directs, there might be a chance that he puts Indy and the villains in the 90's just for the hell of it. That's just what I think.

Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]