Re: A New Quest!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on June 07, 1998 at 11:59:06:

In Reply to: A New Quest! posted by Yoda Boy on June 07, 1998 at 02:58:19:

: : When we were discussing the Indy RPG's earlier there were some questions about Indy Jones metal miniatures. Actually there are two sets which were at one time available: a boxed set from TSR which contained Indy, Marion, Short Round, Sallah, Willie Scott Dietrich, Chatter Lal, a Thuggee, Toht, Belloq, Mola Ram, and a Mine Guard. The quality wasn't great, but they were worth getting. Production date on these is 1984.
: : West End Games brought out two small sets of miniatures in 1994, the first of which consisted of Indy, a student, and a reporter(?). The second set contained Sallah, a generic professor, and a "spy". I have no idea what they were thinking when they made these. The quality is higher than that of the TSR miniatures but their choice of characters seems odd. I figure I'm one of only a few folks who actually got these items, and even I had to special order mine because my local gaming shop had no intention of carrying them.

Thanks for answering my question!

: Oh man! Now I've got more obscure Indy RPG materials to hunt for. Thanks for the info. Good thing I have way too much free time...

Me too! Do you know if it's still possible to order the West End ones from a game store?

: West End's choices for miniatures may be disappointing from the point of view of a fan of the movies but since you create your own adventuring character in the game having just the movie characters would be pretty useless.

Yes, those characters mentioned are character types available to play in the basic game book: reporter, spy, professor, etc.

Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]