Re: Indy's history between YIJC and Raiders?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-201.usae.bah.com on December 03, 1999 at 06:04:20:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's history between YIJC and Raiders? posted by Movieman on December 02, 1999 at 21:14:58:

: You should really check out the books man! They are really awesome! They start in 1922 or so and finish up in the early thirties. It shows how he really got into archealogy. It never mentioned Abner though - which is weird. I would love to see a story about that - what is the history of Marion and Indy that makes her so mad at him when they meet in Raiders?! There was supposed to be a comic book story from Dark Horse about that but it was never released. The Comics from Dark Horse occured mostly post Indy movies...but anyway - go read the darned books!!!

Lucasfilm had told the authors of the books that the story about Indy, Abner & Marion was off limits. They then changed their minds and, like you said, allowed Dark Horse to begin work on a comic that would deal with it, but it never was finished. One of the books did have Indy make a mention to Marion. I think it was one set around 1927 (which would make sense since Raiders took place in 1936 and I think Indy & Marion had said it was 10 years since they saw each other).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]