Try this. I think they did it in the films.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp425.elkgrove.net on December 03, 1999 at 19:09:33:

In Reply to: Adjustment Straps on Wested posted by Graham on December 03, 1999 at 13:49:52:

: Hello all. I have a question about the adjustment straps on the Wested jackets. After adjusting mine to the desired length, I ended up with about 4-5 inches of dangling leather. Should I just let it hang as it is or readjust back to halfway mark so the leather has a bit of support to stay horizontal. My sleeves knock it as I walk and wanted to know if there was any workaround to this situation. Thank you.

I noticed this too when I first got my jacket. When I pulled my straps all the way through, the jacket lost a little of it's "square" look. When I readjusted them, it just had a little too much extra strap, and wasn't long enough to go back into the slits. I didn't remember seeing this in the films. I folded the extra part of the strap back over itself and put it back through the d-ring. It's hard to really explain. It appears they did this in parts of the films at least. Pause the part in ToD when Indy shakes Chatar La's(sp?) hand when he first reaches the palace. They definitely did it there. Also in Raiders after he gets the Fertility Idol and turns so you can see his side, it's hard to see, but it looks folded. It really adds to the "square" look of the jacket. Please let me know if this works for you.(And any others who've tried it).
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]