Questions on the Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on December 05, 1999 at 12:23:54:

I'm thinking of ordering a wested jacket and have a few questions. First, exactly which lining was used in the films. I've been to the IndyGear FAQ about this and some other places and I'm getting conflicting info. One person says they e-mailed Peter Botwright and it's cotton, another says they e-mailed him and said it was satin, so if anyone knows, which is the real movie Indy jacket lining? Secondly, when taking my measurements ( I've never had a custom measured jacket before ) does the shoulder-hand measurement a straight vertical one, or around the shoulder measurement? secondly, how much leway should I give in my measurements so it doesn't end up too tight. Third, since I've never owned a leather jacket before, what special care do I need for it, if any, and how often should I apply such care ( like the dressing that I hear people periodically apply ). Finally, how exactly does the jacket arrive? By this I mean is it registered or standard U.S. mail, or what? I'd prefer to have to sign for it since I live in a rather bad neighborhood and no one will be around to take the jacket when it's delivered, and since it's too big to fit in the mail slot, I don't want it stolen before I even get it. Does Wested even give an option such as this for delivery? If so, is it extra and how much?

I'm just bombarding people with questions :) I'd e-mail Wested myself, but since Peter probably gets hundreds of e-mails and he recently had that ram-raid thing happen, he's got enough to worry about than answing my questions, if I can get them answered elsewhere of course.

Thanks,
Brian K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: