Re: Not only seen it, but used to own it

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on December 05, 1999 at 19:31:08:

In Reply to: Not only seen it, but used to own it posted by Steve on December 05, 1999 at 17:58:23:

: : My cousin recently mailed me some game CD's, Adobe Photoshop, CorelXARA, Hot Dog(HTML thing), and Paint Shop Pro, and out of the many games he also sent me was Pitfall. So I put that in and that sunuva butthead was definately Indy inspired! On the beginning cutscene, they show the boy walking into a temple and there's a golden idol in there. And on the cover it's a pic of him swinging on a vine or a whip. And it also looks like he has a whip strapped to him which he lashes out at times. Anyone seen this? See ya, Shorty.
: : "The dance is over. Unless you know someone else who can play the guitar." -Marvin Berry, BTTF.

:
: Boy does that game bring back memories. I purchased a Coleco Vision video game in 1982, and with it came two games. Donkey Kong and Pitfall. I played the Pitfall game quite a bit, and can remember the character using his bull whip to swing over pits of alligators. This was the first Indy inspired game, and pretty primitive nowadays. But I'm glad to see someone else being aware of this game. Steve

I thought they were vines? I don't remember Pitfall having bullwhips. There were some rather stiff, constantly swinging vines that you had to jump over while these deep pits below you grew and shrank, and of course don't forget having to hop on the alligator heads across the water and the gold bars, silver bars, and jewel rings you picked up along the way... what fun....I almost want to haul out my Atari 2600 ( which I still have ) and start playing.....almost....I'd rather beat infernal machine first :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]