Re: brendon fraser

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-tf071.proxy.aol.com on December 05, 1999 at 19:43:09:

In Reply to: brendon fraser posted by hayden on December 05, 1999 at 15:51:16:

: dear everyone,
: I think Harrison Ford is simply to old ( and arrogant) to play indiana jones now .He is not relevent to us , the young generation.I think Brendon Fraser should take over from him , and that we should except a few more installments of movies like the mummy ( i hope they make a second one) to replacxe the old and now boring( what shit was that random hearts ! ) Ford. His day is over guys.
: p.s. As an after thought why doesnt Brendon Fraser play indy himself i could accept that !

I felt the need to state my opinion concerning this post, after all, isn't that what the forum is all about? Anyway, I did see the mummy, and thought it was OK. But while the Indy films were reminiscent of the old B-movie serials, the mummy really (in my opinion) was nothing more than a B-movie, with some A-movie effects. It wasn't a bad movie, as I said, just not of the same mold as the Indy films. As for Brendan Fraser, I thought he was okay in the part, but no matter the actor, I (and I think a lot of other die-hard Indy fans will agree) could not accept ANYONE else in the role of Indy, no matter who it is. And even if I could accept someone else as Indy, it wouldn't be Fraser. Not that he's a bad actor, he ok (after all, the role in the mummy wasn't the greatest of roles for any actor to showcase their talent) but certainly not of the same quality as Ford. Yeah, I can face the fact Ford is old, and most of his recent Movies weren't exactly great stuff, but don't blame him for the movie being a bore, he can still pull off Indy better than anyone else I know of. His days aren't over just yet. But I still say: NO FORD NO INDY 4!
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]