That's irrelevant isn't it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from 206.152.110.21 on June 08, 1998 at 00:07:55:

In Reply to: The Knight is dead. posted by Hunter on June 07, 1998 at 21:49:52:

: Without the Grail, the Knight would die. The Cup was what gave the Knight eternal life, not the water. We all saw the Cup fall into the crevasse and the temple crumbling, I doubt he could have retrieved it in his condition. Without it he would begin to age normally and eventually pass away. Besides, he was ready to go anyway, it was probably a releif to him to finally rest. I think that's what the whole business between the Knight and Jones Senior meant at the end, the quest was finally over.

I got the impression as well that the person who drank from the Grail would be immortal only so long as they themselves didn't leave the temple past the seal. That's why drinking from it has no effect on Indy's lifespan. As for the knight, I think he may also have lived - because he was still in the temple, and he was the only one who could guard the Grail, again! The Grail was in the pit, but who knows if it would stay there? Maybe Elsa climbed back up with it for all we know! :) The Grail had served its purpose in the story, so it really doesn't matter what became of it or the knight.

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]