I have to Agree

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-201.usae.bah.com on December 06, 1999 at 13:12:47:

In Reply to: What's with all this "another actor" crap? There is SO MUCH lese to talk about now! posted by Ultraman Tiga on December 06, 1999 at 02:24:12:

: This forum used to be one of the funnest places to post to and talk about all things Indy with, but lately, there have been no other topics besides Indy 4, IF walk-throughs, and wether or not another actor should play the part of Indy.

Yeah, that or endless questions/discussions about the damn jackets...

: With YIJC having just been released, I'd expected a lot more talk about that. That in itself is proof positive that it's not only possible for another actor to play Indy, but that the Other actor SHOULD by every right be Sean Patrick Flanery.

I agree. It seems like 90% of the people on this NG either don't gove a rat's ass about Young Indy or outright despise it. It's a pity, because the series accompished a lot (even if it wasn't in the same style as the movies)

: Why aren't people talking more about Young Indy? Most people in here bought them! does anyone have favorites, or what?

It actually seems like most people here did NOT buy them (I did the day they came out). Everyone seemed much more interested in dicussing the 3 films which we've all seen endless times before. It would have been one thing if everyone who was seeing it in letterbox format for the first time (or since they were in the theaters) were talking about that, but the majority of the people just bought the pan & scan copies and were STILL posting like mad about how great they were.

: BTW mine is "Oganga", nicely written by Frank Darabont, whose new movie "The Green Mile" opens this week.

That's also one of my favorites. I think, though, after rewatching Phantom Train of Doom that I'd have to say that it is my favorites. It had the greatest mix of action, humor and story.

I was upset, though, to see that some of them were edited for no apparant reason. The Princeton segment of "Spring Break Adventure" was badly cut. Hopefully this was a mistake and the future DVD release will be corrected.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]