I don't particularily

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 06, 1999 at 15:34:59:

In Reply to: Re: I have to Agree posted by Indiana James (Lambert) on December 06, 1999 at 14:46:49:

: : : This forum used to be one of the funnest places to post to and talk about all things Indy with, but lately, there have been no other topics besides Indy 4, IF walk-throughs, and wether or not another actor should play the part of Indy.

: : Yeah, that or endless questions/discussions about the damn jackets...

: AMEN to that! It'd be better if people just check out the Indy Gear site for their questions to be answered. They have alotta stuff there (ie. FAQ). If their questions are still not answered, they should, by all means post here about their concerns.

: : : With YIJC having just been released, I'd expected a lot more talk about that. That in itself is proof positive that it's not only possible for another actor to play Indy, but that the Other actor SHOULD by every right be Sean Patrick Flanery.

: : I agree. It seems like 90% of the people on this NG either don't gove a rat's ass about Young Indy or outright despise it. It's a pity, because the series accompished a lot (even if it wasn't in the same style as the movies)

: I unfortunately never saw the Young Indiana Jones TV series when it first came out, and last June I saw "Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" for the first time. I loved it so much that I bought all 12 released Young Indy chapters on the first day (everyone in the store told my bro and I that we were nuts). I think that they were extremely well-done and enjoyable. It's too bad that some people around here are missing out on the fun.

: : : Why aren't people talking more about Young Indy? Most people in here bought them! does anyone have favorites, or what?

: : It actually seems like most people here did NOT buy them (I did the day they came out). Everyone seemed much more interested in dicussing the 3 films which we've all seen endless times before. It would have been one thing if everyone who was seeing it in letterbox format for the first time (or since they were in the theaters) were talking about that, but the majority of the people just bought the pan & scan copies and were STILL posting like mad about how great they were.

: : : BTW mine is "Oganga", nicely written by Frank Darabont, whose new movie "The Green Mile" opens this week.

: : That's also one of my favorites. I think, though, after rewatching Phantom Train of Doom that I'd have to say that it is my favorites. It had the greatest mix of action, humor and story.

: They were all so good that I can't really pick a favorite. The best were: "Hollywood Follies", "Phantom Train of Doom", and "Daredevils of the Desert".

: : I was upset, though, to see that some of them were edited for no apparant reason. The Princeton segment of "Spring Break Adventure" was badly cut. Hopefully this was a mistake and the future DVD release will be corrected.

: WHAT!?!?! OH NO!! Well, I guess that's just one more reason to buy the DVD copies!

Maybe the reason that the YIJC isn't discussed all that much is that most of us taped the series when it first appeared in 1992. They were discussed pretty much at length back then, and all the new release discussions have just rehashed what has already gone under the bridge, sort of like the "damn jacket" discussions you refer to. But regarding that, I'd rather read all the "damn jacket" discussions than nothing at all, and I'm a staff member at IndyGear. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]