Young Indy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on December 06, 1999 at 23:06:23:

In Reply to: What's with all this "another actor" crap? There is SO MUCH lese to talk about now! posted by Ultraman Tiga on December 06, 1999 at 02:24:12:

I really wanted to love "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." When they first started hyping it I was very excited and my whole family settled in to watch the first episode. By the third or fourth episode I stopped watching. It was obvious that the show bore no resemblance to the movies; very little action, ridiculous, coincidental run-ins with every historical figure of the early 1900's and just boring overall.
The idea of a character who interacts with historical figures might be a good idea for a TV show but it was a mistake to rope Indiana Jones into it. Indy was supposed to be an adventure hero in a series of well-made popcorn flicks, not a history teacher.

I agree that the Indy mantle could be passed onto a new actor but that actor should not be Sean Patrick Flannery. Just because he played Indy on a TV show that nobody ever watched doesn't mean he's the right person to take over the movies. If they made an Indy film with him everyone would just assume it was a "Young Indy" flick and they'd stay away in droves just like they avoided the TV show. The Indy franchise would be killed off in one fell swoop. Flannery just doesn't have what it takes to be an action hero on the big screen. He has absolutely none of the charisma that Harrison Ford has. He is definately the wrong person to bring the series into the new millenium.

And I agree that the forum is starting to lose some lustre. There's too much talk about Indy's clothes. Some people's obsessions with the jacket and the hat and the shoes is borderline-scary.
And now we're starting to get the same redundancy with "Infernal Machine.
It's getting harder to sift through to some interesting topic on this forum. I hope this is just a temporary thing and that things will pick up some after the holidays.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]