One more thing, Rob T, about Sean Patrick Flannery!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tiga from ts004d33.las-nv.concentric.net on December 07, 1999 at 04:07:32:

Quickly -

You're right about his not becoming a big star, but there's some stuff to that as well.

According to his interview on the show LATER from last year, (just so I don't sound like I'm speaking on his behalf or any BS like that - heh-heh) SPF said he really didnn't care much to be any bigger than he is, as he doesn't like having to deal with the constant attention and fame, some of his best freinds are big stars and he sees what they have to put up with, and he said he couldn't wish that on his worst enemy.

This seems to be true, as he hasn't taken any lead roles since 'Powder,' which is the best movie of his that I can reccomend if you want to see how much acting he can do outside of Indiana Jones.

Indeed, Flannery seems more interested in racing cars than acting - several times he has won the celebrity stock car races (not that that would be the hardest thing for any driver of skill) and I believe he's even gotten in on some more reputable proffesional stints.

....Uhh, if anyone else is reading this and has any more info about that, let us know! haha!

Flannery's stint on the recent "The Strip" for UPN, filmed right here in my home town, won't help his career at all. In fact, it's defiantely a step down - the show has already been cancelled! It was one of the most god-awful things I'd ever seen, and that was just one episode! I'm pretty sure he was in that only because Joel Silver was producing, and you don't want to turn down someone like Joel Silver! Flannery was the only skilled professional invloved, which says exactly how bad the rest of it was.

Anyway, you'll see what a charismatic guy he can be when you watch "Oganga", or the more comical episodes like "Mystery of the Blues" (did you ever watch that one on TV, with HF?) and the outstanding "Scandal of 1920" - definately a winner for period buffs like me!

Again, Cheerio!

TIgam - getting sleepy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: