What's the difference between the antique and non antique skin?nm.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ravenwood from FLNTB104-20.splitrock.net on December 07, 1999 at 12:36:02:

In Reply to: Just got off the phone with Peter... posted by Patterson on December 07, 1999 at 09:21:54:

: I have to start off by saying it again - what a nice person to have a conversation with.

: After Ravenwood's post below, I just had to bite the bullet on the international phone charges.

: What are the predistressed jackets made from? They are a specially prepared cowhide with a soft lamb finish (source of past confusion on the forum/IndyGear?). They have the weight of cowhide, but the draping quality and scratch resistance of lambskin. The tannery supplying the predistressed hides is the same source for the much talked about new finish cowhide - it also has the same characteristics as the predistressed hides, but with a darker non-antique finish. Abner - I'm envious!

: I also asked about calfskin. Yes, it can be done. As a matter of fact, he is currently making one, and will be better able to give an opinion on it once it is complete.

: I could go on, but work does call!

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: